KENSINGTON

It was established on the farm Doornfontein in 1903 and named by the leaseholder. Max Langermann, after the borough in London
Kensington Castle
Kensington Castle, 127 Highlands Rd – Built in 1911 by Samuel Scott Wilson. It was a replica of a Rothesay Castle in Rothesay-on-Bute in Scotland.
Scottish Horse Memorial
Scottish Horse Memorial, Caledonia Hill, Highlands Rd – It commemorates the members of the Scottish Horse Regiment who died during the Anglo Boer War (1899-1902). Designed by William Tate Conner and unveiled on 19 May 1904. An exact replica was erected in Edinburgh in Scotland in the same year.
Dykeneuk
Dykeneuk (Stone House), Katoomba St – Designed by Herbert Baker for John Brown in 1904
Scott House
Scott House, King Edward St – The first concrete house in South Africa. Built by Robert William Scott (1916-1926)
Kensington Sanatorium
Kensington Sanatorium, Roberts Ave – Constructed in two phases, the first in 1897 and the eastern side in 1922. Designed by JF Beardwood. It was opened on 8 September 1905. It was run by French Sisters of the Holy Family Order until 1915.
Lion House
Lion House, 20 Roberts Ave – Built in 1906 by George Woolacott. He was a master decorator of stucco work.
Kensington Bowls Club
Kensington Bowls Club, 8 Ivanhoe St – The oldest bowling club in Johannesburg. Established in 1914. A meeting of a group of men, including Max Langermann and BJ Penny resulted in the founding of a bowls and tennis club. Permission was granted by the Borough of Kensington, London for the use of its Coat-of-Arms as the official badge of the club.
Thabana House
Thabana House, premises of Jeppe Boys High School – “Thabana”- a Sotho word meaning “the little hill”.  Built by Charlie Marx for his family in 1902. Became a boarding house in 1930’s and after WWII a YMCA hostel. In 1956 Mr Reginald Jones, a teacher at Jeppe High school bought it and ran it as a school hostel. It was named ‘Sable House’.
Roan House 
Roan House One of the houses ffor school accommodation at Jeppe High School for Boys
School Hostel
Friedenheim Gate posts
Friedenheim Gate posts., Jeppe High School for boys. This was the gate posts for the house of Sir Julius Jeppe. The house was built in 1896. The house itself was demolished during the 1960’s, but the gate posts remained.
War Memorial
War Memorial, Jeppe High School for Boys – This World War 1 memorial was unveiled by General JC Smuts in 1926. It featured a plinth with the names of staff and pupils who died in the Great War (1914-1918).  Declared a National monument in 1986.
Jeppe High School for Boys
Jeppe High School for Boys, Good Hope St – One of the Milner school established just after the ABW. The current building was built in 1909. Named after Julius Jeppe. Declared a National Monument in 1986. The school’s motto in Latin ‘Forti nihil difficilius’ meaning ‘Nothing is too difficult for the brave’. The old Payne hall was named after Mr JH Payne was a headmaster until his death in 1917. It was a boys and girls’ school and due to growing numbers, the girls were moved to other premises in 1919
Main Gates, Jeppe High School for Boys
Main Gates, Jeppe High School for Boys – These posts are dedicated to FWB von Linsingen and AS Dashwood who were both killed in Bardia on 31 December 1941 during World War II (1939-1945)
Oribi House
Oribi House, Good Hope St – Built in 1912. It is used as a hostel for Jeppe High School for Boys
Jeppe High School for Girls
Jeppe High School for Girls, Roberts Ave – Established in 1918. Since the Jeppe High School was growing, the girls were split from the boys in 1919 and were moved to this premises.
Dix House
Dix House, Floss St – Built in 1906 by Christopher William Dix. Now used as a Tibetan Buddhist and Monastery Centre (The Kagye Samye Dzong). Adjacent is the new Buddhist Temple.  The plans for the house dated 1905. Dix was an official of the post office. In 1901 he joined the WNLA – Witwatersrand Native Labour Association. This organisation streamlines the recruitment of migrant labourers for the gold mines. He died in 1916
Lorentz House
Lorentz House, Kitchener Ave – Built in the early 1900’s. – Known as the St Angela’s Ursuline Convent. Now a guesthouse.
St Michael’s and St George Church
St Michael’s and St George Church, Albertina Sisulu St (previously Kitchener Ave) Cnr Essex – the foundation stone for this Anglican Church was laid by Lady Farrar on 3 March 1909 .------------------------Plaas photo gesiedens hier-------------------------
Jeppe High School for Girls
Jeppe High School for Girls, Roberts Ave – Established in 1918. Since the Jeppe High School was growing, the girls were split from the boys in 1919 and were moved to this premises.
Kensington Union Church
Kensington Union Church, 44 Onyx St – The foundation stone was laid by Lady Hoy on 8 January 1927.
House 12 Somerset Rd
House 12 Somerset Rd – This house was built by George Cooper in 1902.
Statue George Harrison
Statue George Harrison, Setlers’ Park, Cumberland Rd – This statue commemorates the prospector George Harrison, who discovered the Witwatersrand Main Reef in 1886, leading to the development of Johannesburg. This statue was erected in 1988.
Muller Farmstead
Muller Farmstead, between Ernest Swartz St and Broadway (Albertina Sisulu St) – The home of CJ Muller and his wife, Maria Magdalene Bezuidenhout, daughter of the owner of Doornfontein farm.
Farmhouse, Flower Foundation
Farmhouse, Flower Foundation, 11th Ave – this was the home of Barend Bezuidenhout, son of the owner of Doornfontein farm. Barend built this house in 1903. He was married to Adriana Mulder.