Carolina

It is said that the town was laid out on a part of the farm Steynsdraai belonging to CJ (Cornelius) Coetzee and named after his wife Carolina. He donated the land on condition that it is named after his wife. It was proclaimed a town in 1886. The town was destroyed during the 2nd ABW and rebuilt. It became a municipality in 1951.
NG Church
NG Church – Kerk St cnr Steyn st – the cornerstone was laid by General Piet Joubert on 13 October 1888. The church was vandalised by the British and used as horse stables during the 2nd ABW. The steeple was erected later.
Grobler Bridge
Grobler Bridge – This bridge is located on the R36 between Machadodorp and Carolina, crossing the Komati River. The bridge is called after Johannes Lodewikus Grobler, representing the Volksraad from 1895 to 1899. The contractor was Johannes van Waart. It was opened in May 1897.
NG Church hall
NG Church hall – Kerk St cnr Steyn St – Also known as Paul Kruger Hall. Erected 1927.
Post Office
Post Office, 40 Voortrekker st – Stone building
Burgher Memorial
Burgher Memorial – Kerk St Cnr Steyn St – This memorial is dedicated to the 44 men who gave their lives to their country.
Anglican Church
Anglican Church – The cornerstone was laid in 1931.
Magistrate Offices
Magistrate Offices, 38 Voortrekker st – Stone building
Old Gaol 
Old Gaol – Steyn str cnr Du Toit St – circa 1893
War Memorial
Behind the post office - this memorial commemorates those who fall during the 2nd World War 1939-1945
Ruins
Varius stne ruins on farms on the road Carolina to Machadodorp
Old Parsonage
Old Parsonage Kerk St - now in ruins
Bonnefoi Farmhouse – Misluk
Bonnefoi Farmhouse – Misluk – Built in 1903 for Bertha and Charles Everard. Charles was the owner of the trading store on the wagon route to Lydenburg. One of their three children was Ruth, who was responsible for the design and construction of the Anglican church in Carolina. Ruth died in 1992 and the house was abandoned and fell in ruins. The site was declared a Provincial site in 1988.
Bonnefoi Trading Store
Bonnefoi Trading Store – The store was on the wagon route to Lydenburg. It was owned by Charles Everard from the farm nearby. There was sleeping accommodation where ttravellers could overnight.
Bonnefoi Presbyterian church
Bonnefoi Presbyterian church – on farm Bonnefoi, about 20 km from Carolina on dirt rd to Hebron – believed to be the second oldest Presbyterian church in Mpumalanga. Probably the trading store converted into a church when the new trading store were built.