CAMPBELL 

Established as a settlement of the London Missionary Society with George Bartlett as missionary. Originally known as Knoffelvallei, later called Grootfontein and then Campbell, after John Campbell (1766-1840), director of the London Missionary Society. Who inspected the Society’s stations in the Cape between 1812 and 1814. The oldest church north of the Orange River is at Campbell.
Bartlett’s church 
•    Bartlett’s church – Constructed by Rev John Bartlett. This church was opened in January 1831. Bartlett died in 1849 and Cornelis Kok kept up the services by using Griqua lay readers. Proclaimed a national monument in 1960.The stone house behind the church was where Livingstone resided.
School building
•    School building, N8 & Green St – erected circa 1880. Currently used as local authorities’ offices.
DR Church
•    DR Church, Green st – The cornerstone was laid by Rev BA Weich on 27 November 1943. The building look older and could have changed to a new dominion in 1943. Currently not in use and neglected.
ACVV hall
•    ACVV hall, Green St – Dated 17 July 1929